After visiting Lloyd Taco Truck for just the second time since it’s beginnings this past summer, I’ve realized I don’t visit often enough. Frankly I don’t know even if I went as much as possible, would it satisfy my craving for what Lloyd has to offer. It’s that damn good. Today they offered Fish Tacos for Lent and they were just as outstanding as my first visit.
These beauties are double lined for maximum flavor protection. A couple of pieces of golden fried fish with chipotle sauce, fresh cabbage for crunch and a sprig of cilantro inside and all topped all off with lime and radish. The fresh ingredients pay off in flavor here in the seasoning and texture.
I was surprised on my first visit when instead of the usual shredded iceberg lettuce you get elsewhere, Lloyd cleverly replaces it with fresh cabbage. The added crunch and flavor were very welcomed on the braised beef burrito.
In addition to the aforementioned fish tacos($2.75/per), Lloyd also offers tacos ($2.25/per), burritos($5.50), and “tricked out nachos”($5.50) which all come with your choice of grilled chicken, braised beef, tomatillo pork or stewed beans. They are also currently offering homemade chili and Aztec hot chocolate!
Lloyd’s usual hangout is at Main and Mohawk downtown, but can also be spotted at the Larkin at Exchange building. Usual hours are Monday – Friday from 11:45a-1:15p. To always keep up to date on their location and hours that day, Follow them on Twitter: @whereslloyd!
TagsAdam Beer Beer Snob Boston Bruins Buffalo Buffalo Sabres Canada cheektowaga chipotle Countdown Darcy Enroth fast food First Niagara Center food food truck gamenight gerbe grill Hecht HSBC Arena Hurricanes Jason Pominville jhonas enroth Kaleta Lindy Ruff Luke Adam mexican Miller Nathan Gerbe NHL Parrish Pegula Penguins Pittsburgh Playoffs pregame Ryan Miller Sabres Stafford Terry Pegula Thomas Vanek Trade Deadline Trades Tyler Ennis
- Hopped Up: Firestone Walker Parabola Review on Ice and Bites: bit.ly/JUB2Yi 11 months ago
- I gave: Parabola @firestonewalker a 4.5/5 #beer beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2… via @BeerAdvocate 11 months ago
- New on Ice and Bites! Hopped Up: A Craft Beer Series bit.ly/LhtWQn 11 months ago
- RT @DSims3: @iceandbites Hey there Ice & Bites. I'm missing Sabres hockey already... At least we still have great food in this city. 1 year ago
- @adotmello absolutely, and having the constant aperature through the 70-200mm is nice on the L's 1 year ago